Keywords: Pre Construction Engineer, Pre Construction ,Engineer, coordination, construction work, initial site mobilization, Monitor performance, Team project, encourage team work, promote, Quality plan, Quality check, Construction Management
Role Purpose: REPORTING TO: Project Manager
RESPONSIBILITY STATEMENT: To be actively involved in coordination of the construction work, in particular, the initial site mobilization.
• To be actively involved in coordination of the construction work, in particular, the initial site mobilization:-
o Subcontractors/Suppliers mobilization prior to their commencement on site.
o Close liaison with the Erection Section Managers on the post-pour handover of each slab.
o Information seeking with Consultants/Client.
• Monitor Subcontractors’ performance with the project team and assist the Section Managers and Superintendents in expediting performance where slippage occurs.
• Help promote and encourage team work between site staff.
• Promote company image to the Client and consultants.
• Ensure quality of materials and workmanship is maintained by Subcontractors in accordance with the Project Quality Plan and coordinate with the Quality Assurance Manager.
• To be actively involved in the coordination of services design.
• To be responsible for the preparation of realistic three monthly and rolling three weekly construction programs to be submitted each week, making difficult but achievable targets. The three weekly program will include monitoring the previous week’s progress against program.
• Recognize potentially difficult areas of work or problems and prepare a plan to overcome and action accordingly.
• Provide Construction program information to the project’s Planning/Engineering Manager.
• Ensure drawings are always up to date, being the latest issue to all sites.
• Control drawing changes and advise Document Controller to maintain updates.
• Control and distribute shop drawings via the Document Controller.
• Maintain and update the procurement schedule.
• Raise Technical Queries and distribute answers to all concerned via the Document Controller.
• Advise Commercial Manager of possible variations.
• Prepare minutes and review subcontract meetings with Erection Section Managers prior to meeting each week.
• Regular two-way communication with Construction Manager regarding all matters relating to project.
• Provide assistance in problem solving, both internal and with Subcontractors.
• Identify pitfalls and problems encountered and devise mechanism to avoid same in future work areas.
• Ensure that progress photographs are maintained on a regular basis and for any special events.
• Quality Assurance:-
- Provide input into monitoring and maintaining quality requirements in association with Quality Assurance Management (QAM).
- Ensure quality of workmanship is maintained by Subcontractors in association with QAM.
- Encourage team awareness of QAM.