The construction logistics manager is responsible for all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, development and optimization of site logistics solutions to meet the needs of the project. The logistics manager will be required to manage the movement of people, goods and equipment at the construction site and control site facilities management.
Key interfaces that the logistics manager must ensure early engagement with are: the project planner; the commercial managers procuring the works and the senior construction manager on the site. The construction logistics manager should ensure that the construction team is fully aware of logistics activities in support of the build program.
Position key. Professional/lead by example.
Passion/can do attitude/constructive challenge.
To hold a proven track record of integrity and ethical behaviors. Open to change/new ideas.
Share information. Supportive.
Special Conditions :-
• Plan site set-up to move labor, plant, and materials around site efficiently (eg hoarding, gates, site accommodation, cranes, hoists, security, temporary services, material delivery and waste management strategy, catering).
• Plan internal and external logistics routes through the project phases focusing on separation of vehicles, machinery and people. Lay down areas and offloading points.
• Pre-plan the usage of key assets such as hoists to ensure planned assets meet the needs of the program.
• Create a secure site
• Responsible for all traffic management internally and externally, weighbridges and road network cleanliness.
• Manage installation of site accommodation and manage these facilities
• Create operational procedures and method statements
• Organize site inductions, ensure induction records are securely stored.
• Create a schedule of logistics meetings and ensure logistics is represented at site meetings.
• Ensuring the organization’s safety policies are followed
• Creating of site-specific safety manual, ensure first aid cover and equipment is present
• Responsible for ensuring that material movement to and from the workface does not cause damage to the works, the workforce or the public.
• Complete safety inspections to company and client standards
• Ensure team has safety training to the company and client’s standard programmed.
• Create appropriate logistics awareness training and deliver to site workforce via presentation/TBTs as required.
• Manage and maintain visitor PPE stocks to an agreed number.
• Produce method statements, risk assessments ensure lifting plans are produced.
• Safeguard vulnerable road users from traffic and transport created by the site.
• Select a delivery management technique, process and system.
• Provide logistics instruction to all project suppliers.
• Manage all movements to and from site and keeping associated records.
• Enforce the full use of the organization’s delivery management system.
• Plan to and maximize load capacity on all vehicles arriving at site were possible, ensure suppliers use appropriate vehicles for delivery.
• Ensure that drivers and vehicles meet the required standards before being accepted to site.
• Specifying and managing plant and equipment.
• Maintain an asset register of all equipment.
• Ensure vehicles and plant are operated safely by trained personnel and in a legally compliant manner
• Ensure all equipment is inspected, maintained and tested to agreed frequencies
• Have a knowledge of hoists and cranes, and create and agree booking system to manage their capacity.