To plan, organize and undertake the procurement activities for the Construction Projects, including permanents materials and temporary works materials, in accordance with the specifications, drawings, schedules, site QA/QC, safety and environmental procedures and time requirements within budgeted cost levels.
• Set-up the material submittal registers to ensure that all materials approvals and procurement activities are properly scheduled and allocated to the appropriate budget items in the Bill of Quantities.
• Liaise with Project Engineering Manager and MEP Manager to ensure that material submittal registers are properly issued, cost coded and authorized.
• Execute the procurement and distribution of all permanent and temporary works materials from reputable suppliers to subcontractors.
• Co-ordinate with the Procurement Coordinator and Project Manager/Director to ensure the approval of materials and mock-ups are obtained in a timely manner in accordance with the Construction Programme requirements.
• Ensure cost effective and timely procurement services are provided to achieve budgeted objectives.
• Maintain professional relationship with suppliers, specialist subcontractors and other project staff.
• Ensure necessary feedback to Technical Director, Project Manager and Bidding Manager as and when required.
• Support the preparation of bids in close collaboration with the Estimating Manager.
• Other duties as directed.