To plan, organize and undertake the procurement activities for the Projects including permanents materials and temporary works materials in accordance with the specifications, drawings, schedules, site QA/QC, safety and environmental procedures and programme requirements within budgeted cost levels.
• Liaise with Commercial Manager/ Project Administrator and Project Director/Manager to ensure that Material Purchase Requisitions are properly issued, cost coded and authorized prior to initiating the Material Purchase Orders.
• Supervise and co-ordinate the procurement and distribution of all permanent and temporary works materials from reputable suppliers to subcontractors.
• Reviewing of Sub-Contract tenders, supply quotations including negotiation of prices and recommendation of awards.
• Finalising the terms and conditions of the sub-contract agreements and purchase orders, including the Price, Performance Bond, Advance Payments etc.
• Review and certification of Sub-Contractors, Suppliers and Consultants application for payment
• Settlement of Sub-Contract final accounts including negotiation of variations and claims
• Monitoring of major Sub-Contractors progress by value to identify implications to main contract programme
• Support Project Directors/Project Managers/Commercial Managers on the evaluation of events giving rise to sub-contractors claim for extension of time or additional payment
• Set-up the purchase order register to ensure that all materials procurement activities are properly cost coded and allocated to the appropriate budget items in the Bill of Quantities.
• To co-ordinate with the Project Warehouse/ Subcontractor on the Materials Purchase Orders and to ensure the materials are delivered in a timely manner in accordance with the Construction Programme requirements.
• Coordinate the reconciliation reports on purchases requested from store and deliveries made.
• Prepare weekly and monthly procurement reports.
• Implementation and maintenance of Suppliers and prices of all required materials database in accordance with the Project specifications.
• Supervise inventory control with Storekeepers for purchases, tansfers and replacement of tolls and consumables and spare parts.
• Acquaint section personnel and subordinate staff / all affected Project personnel with Procurement Procedures as required.
• Ensure necessary feedback to Commercial Manager/ Project Administrator and Project Director/ Manager when required.
• Maintain professional relationship with suppliers, subcontractors and other project staff.
• Ensure cost effective and timely procurement services are provided to achieve budgeted objectives.
• Other duties as directed.